Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Oops...


I forgot to put this up here. This was my entry in the Art Award. The text is the Lord's Prayer in Cornish as the themef or the festival this year was Welcome Back Cousin Jack as well as the Mapping of  Eaglehawk. The background is the map of Eaglehawk gold fields which had to be used as part of the Artist brief. The bird is a chough.
Gouache, Watercolour, Acrrylic, 24 ct gold on Arches Satine.

So, I now also have stitches in my big toe, same foot as the ankle. I stepped into a pane of vertically stored glass that had a broken edge and bloody hell did it hurt . Lots of blood all over a piece of lino I was saving for a lino cut print :( Hubby says I could wash it off, frame it, call it DNA and sell it. ewwwww is my response. It was either the lino or the carpet, so I thought the lino would be a cheaper option.

We also had our portable aircon recalled by the Manufacturer, high fire risk *eeek*. The repair guy says 100+ have been sold locally by one store and he's only had 2 come in. He's the only auth repairer for them locally, so that's not really good.

I'm off to bed, done some designs, set up my basic shop, have written out some listing text and am editing some of the photo's. Progress at last! :D

PS. I am doing a limited print run of my Butterfly artwork for my friends, let me know [via email with a postal addy] if you want one. Printed in archival ink on Arches Satine.

4 Even Wiser people reply:

Jen xo said...

woohoo kerrie , so its finaly finished, it looks great and i will try and get to the exhibition.

not good about your foot , i hope your knees better, i think that house must have bad vibes! happy Easter ...jenxo

BwcaBrownie said...

Dear Antikva - how awful to be injured again. I do hope it all repairs fast.
I do agree with JenXO above.

The Cornish shield is absolutely lovely you clever thing. I have read those 2 Jack books about the Cornish pioneers. They were all great boxers and exhibition fights were huge goldfields entertainment.
much love, B

JahTeh said...

I keep telling you to move out of that jinxed house but do you listen?

I love the entry, it worked out really well and I hope people appreciate the work.

antikva said...

Jenxo : Thanks, I was pretty happy in the end. Hope you guys have a Happy Easter too :D

Brownie : Thanks, 'twas not gilding weather so I had to change my idea :D Yep, I come a long line of brawlers.

JahTeh: fingers crossed we might be able to before the end of the year!

This house bites me every chance it gets the bad tempered soandso. LOL

Hope you all have a great [ and relaxing] weekend! and lots and lots of guilt free chocolate! The news reporters tell us it's good for us and they would never mislead us for commercial gain *grinz* hugs and smooches!