Saturday, December 10, 2005

I am not a Xerox machine...

I reckon after reading this latest story on the BBC site,
Bolshevik Brownie might be right about the knock on the door at midnight. They seem to be serious about this 'the internets is subversive to commerce and must be stopped at all costs' theory.
Good thing she's a feisty feline so they won't get her either. Having 9 lives probably comes in handy too.

Further to my visit from the cybercops the other day, I read a BBC article [linked below], which caused my eyeballs to perform dangerous gymnastic feats and shot my eyebrows through my hairline, which, is definitely not a good look for me btw. That's in addition to causing the crime of stupidest run-on sentence in history.

The way this crap is going though, you won't be able to even sing along to a favourite song in the shower or you'll get slapped with breach of copyright, fined & sent to stir for a few years. The Day the Music died, indeed.

Parents, if you hear your kids playing something over and over trying to work out the lyrics or work out the music for whatever instrument they play...
STOP THEM.
For they are evil and must be stopped before they cripple the music industry. They belong in jail. So sayeth the man. Yeah, I can see it now-:
"Wotchya in for dude?"
"Errrr, playing Smoke on the Water on my guitar with illegally obtained tabs I got by replaying the song a hundred times on my iPod. I made the mistake of writing them down & showin' me mates."

Better not step near a karaoke machine then, the text lyrics running along the bottom are probably illegal too and you'll get arrested. Forget drugs, the clubs will all be raided for illegal text activity. Although, in all honesty, a convincing argument could be made for shutting down karaoke nights at the best of times. heh.

Oooh, And what about all us evil bloggers who put the song title in each post? Or GASP, post the lyrics to a favourite song? Shit, better chuck us hardened criminals into jail as well.

Who's gonna fund the court system to handle the extra load and the extra jails that would be needed? Not the fat arse sitting behind the desk counting his pennies saved from the latest tax minimisation scheme, that's for sure.

ROFL, I guess this post is guaranteed to bring the cybercops back for a quick visit. While they're here, I'd like to point out to them that they are breaching MY copyright if they store any of my images.

and, no. Still no illegal music,lyrics or scores stored on my site.

Mr Keiser said he did not just want to shut websites and impose fines, saying if authorities can "throw in some jail time I think we'll be a little more effective".
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Song sites face legal crackdown

1 Even Wiser people reply:

Ann ODyne said...

oh gee - you linked to my old blog and I didn't come here and thank you.
what a slacker I am
(maybe I was Christmas shopping? - nah that can't be right)

'They' have been trying to get control over the internet for such a long time now. Somebody got sacked for letting it go live,before making sure we all had to PAY for it, you can bet.