Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Sniffles was the name...

of a clever little pig.
He could play the violin and do the irish jig,
but the other little piggies wouldn't ask him out to tea,
cos he didn't have a handkerchief,no, not he.

has my grandaughter in fits of giggles when I sing this to her. It's a fitting rhyme at the moment as the house elves have all had a flu/cold since Thursday. I got it Friday and still feel like I've been smacked across the face with a hammer.

Pebbles the cat had an adventure today. She went to jump upon the gallery/ [ 2 storey mcmansion house] balcony rail and kept going. Luckily for her I had anticipated this happening at some point and we have a couch right under it, she missed the youngest daughter sitting there and landed on the cushions, bounced and landed on the floor. She's fine but has refused to get off my lap ever since.

The daughter got a huge fright too and has also recovered from the cat dropping from a great height.

 

Hearin' : Mai Piu' Cosi' Lontano - Andrea Bocelli

readin' : Life Expectancy - Dean Koontz

2 Even Wiser people reply:

Anonymous said...

do you remember the second verse?

Anonymous said...

This song sung at assemblies at Stafford State School in Brisbane 62 years ago sprang to mind this morning as I gently wet wiped the snot from my grandson's nose. Thanks for filling in the missing words for me. Each morning we had to produce a hanky and wave it around to "we are the happy handkerchiefs" sung to the tune of "Here we go round the mulberry bush". Woe betide those without hankies who were paraded at the front of the assembly and serenaded to "Sniffles". Ah, those were the days.